Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Almost time to leave!

Hi, I'm Kirsten Davis and I'm an Associate Professor in the Construction Management Dept at BSU.  I'm heading to Chengdu, China for a study abroad adventure plus a bunch of travel afterward and I leave tomorrow morning.  I've spent most of the day finishing up all the last minute errands and the last 4 (yes, you read that right - four) hours trying to fit everything into my checked bag and carry-on (and eliminating a lot along the way).  I think I'm finally done packing and I hope I haven't forgotten anything important!
Tomorrow will be a very, very long travel day.  First, a flight from Boise to Seattle, then to Shanghai, and finally on to Chengdu.  I'm supposed to get there in the middle of the night Friday night/Saturday morning.
I've done a fair amount of international traveling, but I'm still a bit nervous about this trip because I've never been on a study abroad before.  I'm looking forward to the adventure of it though.  I'll be taking Chinese language classes and a Tai Chi class as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment