Monday, June 23, 2014

Huang Long Xi field trip

I just realized that it had been a little while since I posted....  The school part is kinda the same all the time - go to class, do a couple of hours of homework, repeat.  My language skills are getting a tiny bit better, mostly because my vocabulary is increasing.

The more interesting happenings are outside of the classroom.  Last weekend (June 14) we went on a group field trip to Huang Long Xi (Yellow Dragon Town) for part of the day.  It's partially an old river town, partially new stuff, and a lot touristy.  It won't be my favorite side trip in China, but others seemed to enjoy it.

The kids were all getting squirt guns to play with.  Apparently all of the dresses in the background shop were to play 'dress up' and have your glamour picture taken.

One of the quieter spots I saw.  Most of the area was jam-packed with people.

You can pick out your fish (or turtle) for lunch.

And they'll cook that fish right here.  The big woks have tofu in them.

Or if you'd prefer, you can have a fried insect or crab as a snack.

There was some weird amusement park-type fun house stuff too.

Later people were getting glamour photos here.

The little cages under the tent had live birds and bunnies in them that people were buying.  I don't know if their fate would be as pets or dinner....

 Fun playing in the water!
Boats lined up along the river next to the town.

One of the narrow alleys filled with little shops

A nice stream runs down the middle of the shopping street.

I spent most of my time sitting on a bench watching the people.  The kids were playing in the stream and having fun.  I also watched for entertaining t-shirt sayings.  My favorites of the day:
Pink Flayd
Happily fruits
Belvin Kline jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment